7.1. General information about service of system of release
General information about service of system of release
Examine or repair of system of release only, when system absolutely cold. Working under the car, be convinced that it is reliably established.
Exhaust silencer and pipes
||The system of release consists of a final collector, exhaust silencers and all connecting pipes, arms, suspension brackets and collars. The release system by means of arms and rubber suspension brackets is fixed on a body.
If any parts are fixed incorrectly, superfluous noise and vibration can be transferred to a body.
Regularly examine release system. Look for the damaged or bent parts, open seams, openings, weak connections, strong corrosion or other defects which allow the fulfilled gases to get into the car. Generally, worn-out components of system of release are not subject to satisfactory repair; it is necessary to replace them.
If components of system of release because of strong corrosion or a rust to connect together, it can be demanded to cut off old components a hacksaw. Do not forget for protection of eyes against metal sawdust to use reliable points, and for protection of hands - gloves.
Below some recommendations about repair of system of release are provided:
- At removal of components of system of release begin with a back of the car and move ahead.
- To simplification of an otvorachivaniye of nuts and bolts of system of release apply an udalitel of a rust.
- At installation of components of system of release apply new laying, suspension brackets and collars.
- At assembly put on carvings of all nuts and bolts of system of release an anticorrosive compound.
- Be convinced that between again established parts and all points of the bottom there is an additional gap to avoid an overheat of a floor and possible damage of rugs and isolation. Pay special attention to the catalytic converter and the filter. Also be convinced that the exhaust pipe will not make contact with parts of a suspension bracket and so on.