- If at ignition key turn the starter does not rotate at all, be convinced that the lever of gear shifting is in the situation "N" or "P" (automatic transmission) or if it is provided, the coupling pedal (manual transmission) is pressed.
- Be convinced. that the battery is charged and that all wires both on battery plugs, and on plugs of the traction relay, pure and are reliably fixed.
- If the starter rotates, but the engine is not turned, the obgonny coupling of a starter slips, and it is necessary to replace a starter.
- If at ignition key turn the starter does not rotate, the traction relay publishes click, the problem is concluded either in the battery, or in contacts of the traction relay, or in the starter (or jammed the engine).
- If at turn of the ignition key it is not audible actions of a plunzher of the traction relay, the battery, the defective switch of ignition is faulty, fused a safety wire (a rupture of a chain) or the traction relay is faulty.
- For check of the traction relay connect a crossing point between the battery (+) and the plug of turning on of the traction relay (the small plug). If now the starter works, the traction relay in an order and the problem is concluded in the ignition switch, the switch of inhibitor of a starter (model with automatic transmission), the coupling switch (some models with manual transmission) and in wires.
- If the starter nevertheless does not work, remove for dismantling, check and repair traction a relay/starter assembled.
- If the starter turns the engine with abnormally slow speed, first of all be convinced that the battery is charged and all tips of plugs are hardly tightened. If the engine jams or oil with the wrong viscosity is applied, the engine will be slowly turned.
- Warm up the engine to normal working temperature, then disconnect from a cover of the distributor of ignition a high-voltage wire of the coil of ignition for connect it to the case.
- Connect positive щуп the voltmeter to the positive plug of the battery, and negative щуп - to the negative plug.
- Turn the engine and read the established instruments of the voltmeter. Do not allow starter rotation more long 10 seconds without interruption. Tension 9 In and is normal more when the starter turns the engine with normal speed. If the indication 9 In and is more, but speed of rotation low, the starter is faulty or the problem with the battery (is faulty or discharged).