16.7. General information about charge and precautionary measure system at work with it
There are two types of the generators established on these models: Bosch and Motorola. Also there are three various levels of a current: 65 And, 80А and 90 A.Shtampovanny on a back surface of the generator serial number identifies type and current level. At any problems with the generator make checks of system of a charge (look the Section Check of system of a charge).
The regulator of tension and brush of the generator are executed in the form of uniform knot. In Bosch generators this knot can be removed and its components are served separately (look the Section Replacement of a regulator of tension).
On all models the generator is established on the left side of the engine and rotates a V-shaped belt from an engine pulley. In these systems two main requirements are the tension of a belt and service of the storage battery. Check of a tension of a belt of the engine and service of the battery are described in Head Routine maintenance of the car.
At ignition key turn in the situation "START" (Start) the lamp of control of charge/inclusion of ignition should light up, then immediately after engine start - to go out. If the lamp continues to burn, the system of a charge has malfunction (look the Section Check of system of a charge). Some cars are also equipped with the voltmeter. If the voltmeter shows abnormally high or low voltage, check charge system (look the Section Check of system of a charge).
On models up to 1986 at a peregoraniye of a lamp of control of charge/inclusion ignition operation of the generator on a charge stops. After 1987 in parallel the lamp of control established the resistor to provide current passing bypassing a lamp in case of chain break (peregorany lamps).
Be very careful, making electric connections to the generator, and pay attention to the following:
- At accession to the generator of wires of the battery be convinced of the correct polarity.
- Before carrying out repair of any parts of the car with application of electroarc welding disconnect from the battery and the wire generator.
- Never start the engine with the charger connected to the battery. Always before use of the charger of the storage battery disconnect both wires.
- Never at the working engine disconnect from the battery or the wire generator.
- The generator rotates a driving belt of the engine. If at the working engine under a belt hands, hair or clothes get, there can be serious traumas.
- As the generator is directly connected to the battery, take measures not to short-circuit the main plug on the earth.
- Before engine cleaning by hot steam wrap up the generator a plastic package with rubber tapes.